Enjoy Vegan Bakery Recipes Here in Des Moines, IA
These vegan bakery recipes can offer amazingly delicious vegan and wheat-free treats. These products are heart-healthy, cholesterol-free, no trans fat, no hydrogenated oil, no high fructose corn syrup, dairy-free, egg-free, all-natural, no preservatives, no animal products, and mostly organic.
Vegan Bread Recipes
Vegan Corn Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened, plain soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soft silken tofu
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 7 inch square baking pan. Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Place the soy milk, oil, and tofu into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Make a well in the center of the cornmeal mixture. Pour the pureed tofu into the well, then stir in the cornmeal mixture until just moistened. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into 9 pieces, and serve warm.
Vegan Bakery Pizza Recipes
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 heads garlic, peeled
- 2 cups olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cups smooth tomato sauce
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes. Stir flour into yeast mixture until dough holds together. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a towel; set aside until dough has risen slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Place peeled garlic cloves in an 8x8-inch baking dish; add olive oil, oregano, basil, marjoram, and sage.
- Bake garlic in the preheated oven until softened, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Coat a baking sheet with a layer of the cooled olive oil with herbs; spread dough onto the oiled baking sheet. Brush more oil and herbs on the top of dough.
- Mash the garlic cloves in a bowl using a garlic press or fork; stir nutritional yeast into mashed garlic. Add some of the herbed olive oil if mixture is dry. Stir tomato sauce into garlic mixture. Spread sauce over dough. Top with red onion slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is crunchy, 10 to 20 minutes. Arrange avocado slices over pizza.
Vegan Donut Recipes
Vegan donuts? Why not? With a little effort your kitchen is the vegan bakery of your dreams.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk,I use almond
- 1tbsp coconut oil,melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 4 tbsp vegan butter,
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. F. Spray a doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together until the batter is fully hydrated. A few lumps are okay.
- Pipe the batter into the prepared doughnut pan so that each doughnut mold is about 3/4 the way full. Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan and combine sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Dip the slightly cooled doughnuts first in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
While not strickly a vegan bakery item I couldn't resit adding one of my favorite vegan recipes. You'll be surprised how rich and creamy this ice cream is.
Vegan chocolate ice cream is ice cream that is made without any kind of dairy products.The secret ingredient is coconut milk!
- 15oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups (480g) almond milk
- 1/3 cup (45g) tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup (35g) cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1–4 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4–1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place the bowl of the ice cream maker in the freezer the night before.
- Blend all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat stirring frequently. Once it is boiling, keep whisking for 2-3 minutes until thick.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl or container. Place in the refrigerator until completely cool (about 4 hours minimum).
- Once the mixture is cool, churn in the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a shallow dish and freeze for 2-3 hours until firm enough to scoop.
Getting hungry yet?
Now you can order online and have it delivered! Give it a try by clicking the link below.